Fridge repair services in Okotoks have been in high demand over the past few years. This statistic may surprise some people: as refrigerators have become more sophisticated, offering new features and enjoying a refined manufacturing process, people assume that they are also becoming more reliable, and that consequently the demand for fridge repair in Okotoks would have declined.
However, the opposite is true! As refrigerator models become more and more advanced, new problems arise. Technicians become less qualified as new certifications and technologies are introduced, dating their training and repair knowledge faster than some start-up repair services can afford to renew and update them.
If you are seeking fridge repair in Okotoks, you need to be sure that the service provider you have chosen is on the cutting edge of the industry. First Aid Appliance fridge repair is at the forefront of the industry; not only do we offer affordable, same-day service, but each of our technicians is highly trained and experienced with all models and brands, including newer appliances on the market.
If you think that your fridge is in need of repair in Okotoks because it seems to be running too much, then you have two options. You will need to confirm that a repair is in fact needed before you go off spending money – to do this, you can either call 1-888-484-9993 and schedule a free quote and appliance assessment with the First Aid team, or you can take a look yourself. Most problems are noticeable, whether this means that you can see them, feel them, or hear them. If you are not exactly sure what you’re looking for, don’t worry – we can help you there, too!
Read on to learn some troubleshooting tips to use the next time you are considering fridge repair in Okotoks!
My refrigerator runs too much – 5 Troubleshooting Tips
- First, make sure that nothing is obstructing the passageway between the freezer and the refrigerator compartment. Sometimes refrigerated items can get shoved in front of the passageway, stopping the appliance from cooling properly, and forcing it to run non-stop to reach its desired temperature. You should note that fridges tend to run longer when they are jammed full, opened frequently, or if the room temperature is unusually warm.
- Determine if the fridge is actually cooling probably. If you see frost forming at the to of the fridge even when the cold control setting is low, your fridge likely has a full charge of refrigerant, but a faulty thermostat.
- Turn the cold control up and down – if the compressor doesn’t turn off as you make these adjustments, the cold control is probably broken, and you will need to call a fridge repair expert.
- Inspect the condenser coils. These are found at the bottom of your fridge, often behind the kick plate. If the coils are dirty, your fridge won’t operate properly. You should clean these on a regular basis – your fridge repair professional will include this in the service when you book with First Aid.
- Make sure the drain line is clear. The drain line sends water from the evaporator coils to the drain pain – if the drain pan is not filling with drips of water while the fridge defrosts, there is a plug.
If you identify any of these problems, then you should contact a fridge repair expert immediately. If you do not find any of the symptoms described here, then why not book a free inspection to pinpoint the root of the problem? Don’t let unwanted fridge behaviour slip by you – neglecting inspections and fridge repair can cost you much more money down the line if a replacement or major overhaul is needed.
To learn more fridge repair troubleshooting tips, visit https://www.firstaidappliancerepair.ca/appliance-repair/fridge-repair/ and see which brands we have fixed for homeowners in the past!