Professional Fridge Repair Services in Cochrane
Nobody in Cochrane is ever going to be excited about having to schedule a fridge repair. In fact, most people want to avoid fridge repair expenses so badly that they ignore red flags and warning signs for as long as possible. They say that ignorance is bliss, and to some people, ignoring strange sounds and performance drops is easier than scheduling a fridge repair.
Unfortunately, this approach ends up blowing up in their face.
Fridge repair doesn’t have to be an expensive or excruciating experience so long as you choose the right providers. First Aid Appliance Repair is a prudent choice for your fridge repair: our team has decades of experience, and offers qualified, same-day repair service for nearly any make or model of fridge in Cochrane. Additionally, we spread our technicians our through Cochrane so that help is never far away.
However, having the First Aid appliance repair team on your side isn’t enough if you don’t pick up the phone and call 1-888-484-9993 in time! Having some troubleshooting knowledge will help you know the difference between fridge issues that can be solved with home remedies, and those that will need the help of our repair technicians. Read on to learn troubleshooting tips for 6 common fridge issues that could help you recognize when a repair is needed!
My fridge is cooling too much or too little!
- First, check the cold control and make sure that it is set to COLD. The normal interior temperature of a refrigerator should be roughly 37-degrees fahrenheit.
- Listen for the freezer fan. If the freezer fan is running, it means that both the defrost timer and cold control are set to COLD.
- Listen for the compressor fan. If the freezer is running, the compressor should usually is too. If one of the fans is not working, then there is a more serious problem that will require the help of our fridge repair specialists in Cochrane.
My fridge is not running at all!
- Check the electrical power. If the fridge is plugged in but not running, check for a tripped circuit breaker or blown fuse.
- Be sure that the cold control is set properly.
- Get help if necessary! If your fridge is plugged into a working outlet and not running, it is time to call 1-888-484-9993 to schedule your same-day fridge repair with the First Aid professionals.
My fridge smells!
- If your fridge continues to smell after removing any spoiled food, then a thorough cleaning is in order. Remove all drawers and shelves, then scrub your fridge down with a solution of ½ cup baking soda dissolved in water.
- The drip tray can also accrue mold over time. Clean it thoroughly.
- If the smell does not go away after your cleaning, place some charcoal briquettes in shallow bowls on the shelves. These will absorb the smell emanating from your fridge.
My fridge is rattling!
- Vibrating noises are usually caused by loose parts. Condenser coils, compressor tubes, or uneven roller feet are common problem areas.
- Unplug your fridge and look for any loose parts. Tighten them with your wrench or screwdriver.
- Remove the bottom trim and check the feet to ensure that they are all even. Most fridges have adjustable feet that can be played with until the appliance sits evenly.
My fridge door doesn’t seal!
- There is a good chance that the gasket must be adjusted or replaced. First, remove any coverings concealing the hinges of your fridge door.
- Next, put a level on top of the door. Make sure everything is level, then hold the gasket in place to and refasten the screws along with their coverings.
- If the problem persists, you may need to peel back the rubber gasket by loosen the screws fastening the strip in place. Slip a new gasket in place and tighten the screws back in place.
These 5 troubleshooting tips should help you distinguish between easy fixes and appliances in need of professional help. To learn more about our speedy fridge repair in Cochrane, visit https://www.firstaidappliancerepair.ca/appliance-repair/fridge-repair/ or call 1-888-484-9993 to request your free quote.