Microwaves are useful for when you want to warm up a quick meal, or have some leftover food. However, when there is problems with the microwave, it sometimes feels like you can’t do anything without it, and quick meals become a thing of the past. First Aid Appliance Repair has services available for your microwave repair in Calgary.
Do’s and Don’ts in Microwave Maintenance
Like all things, you must handle your microwave with care, and we are glad to provide you with a few tips on how you, yourself can maintain your microwave.
- Clean the inside! Once the microwave has stopped, wipe down any food that may have spilled while in the microwave.
- Close with care! Close the microwave door gently. There are switches that alert the microwave that the door is closed, as well as latches that do the closing. Slamming the door shut may affect these switches.
- Preset options! If your microwave has a popcorn button, chances are it will cook more kernels than if you manually set the time! Use the resources given to you to get the most out of your food.
- NEVER run microwave with nothing in it! This is a waste of energy, and confuses your microwave.
- Use microwave safe dishes. Avoid a fire, or harmful situations by ensuring that the product you are using to warm up your food is microwave friendly.
- Avoid using a microwave to heat water. Water does not “boil” in a microwave, it may bubble a little bit but once the microwave has stopped pressure/heat of the water can easily be understated.
- Replace lights, refurnish when needed! Turn an old microwave new with a paint job and replacement light bulb.
With these tips you can help keep your microwave in good condition! If you see that none of these tips help, the problem is most likely electrical/may have to do with the inside wiring. Please call a professional, and let them help you out with you microwave repair in Calgary.
First Aid Appliance Repair in Calgary has a team specialized to help you with all of your appliance problems. We have same day services available for all brands of household appliances. We understand that a broken microwave or even washing machine is extremely inconvenient for you, especially at the random times that they stop working, so we make sure that all of our technicians are equipped with the knowledge and tools they need to come to your rescue.
Please call us for any more information, or for a free quote on your microwave repair in Calgary! 1-888-484-9993